- Is the setlist negotiable? Can you submit a “do not play list”? Make sure that you choose a wedding band that plays the songs you love at your event and that they are open to your requests. It is also important to remember, your wedding band comprises of experienced professionals who know what songs work best. Often a song you love to listen to at home, just doesn’t translate to the dance floor so take the band’s advice onboard!
- How long will you play for? Make sure you get confirmation on the duration of the performance. Check in advance what they charge for overtime and if they can arrange a DJ to play for longer that evening in the event your guests refuse to get off the dance floor!
- Does your band regularly play your chosen first dance song? Find out if this is a wedding staple of theirs.
- Have you played my wedding venue before? It is always helpful if your band know the set up and nuances of your chosen venue. Most top wedding bands will have experience in the most popular venues but it’s always good to ask in advance to be certain.
- Are you wearing that?! It’s not all just about the bride and groom. The wedding band’s attire shouldn’t be overlooked! Remember to make sure to discuss this in advance, especially if it is a black tie wedding. The band’s look should reflect the tone of your wedding and the style of music they are playing.
Then all that is left is to enjoy your big day and let the professionals worry about these details on the night!
Want more handy tips for your wedding entertainment? Why not follow us on Facebook